Integrated Customer Billing
Autotask customers who use other Kaseya modules can choose to bill their clients for all Kaseya modules through Autotask. This feature is made available through the integration of Kaseya modules with KaseyaOne.
Many Kaseya customers have implemented more than one Kaseya product or "module." MSP clients are usually billed for these services on a monthly schedule: by the user, device, IP address, etc.
With Integrated Customer Billing enabled, an invoice is generated from the billing metrics of other Kaseya modules integrated with KaseyaOne, right in Autotask. The following Kaseya modules currently support Integrated Customer Billing:
- Audit Suite
- Compliance Manager
- Cyber Hawk
- Network Detective
- Security Suite
- DarkWeb ID
- Datto EDR
- Unified RMM
- Datto RMM
- VSA 10
- Backup & Disaster Recovery
- Datto File Protection (DFP)
- Datto Workplace
The Kaseya modules collect billing metrics, that is, how many active users, devices, IP addresses, etc. were active at a client site on a specific day.
Once a day, billing data from other modules is transferred to Autotask via the KaseyaOne API. This service is fully automated and usually runs after midnight. The submitted billing metrics update tables that keep track of how many units of measure (users, devices, IP addresses...) for which Kaseya modules each end client used.
In Autotask, the billable units are associated with a recurring service contract and a service and invoiced in the normal way.
- Autotask tracks the changes in the number of units from day to day or month to month.
- Your clients receive a consolidated bill for all their Kaseya modules. You can process the payments in Autotask or transfer the invoice to an external accounting application.
In KaseyaOne, the following Cooper Insights for Autotask keep you updated:
- Activate Integrated Customer Billing with Autotask
- Integrated Customer Billing Available for New Organization
If you would like to implement Integrated Customer Billing, you must meet the following prerequisites:
- KaseyaOne must be activated for your company and the user who is setting up Integrated Customer Billing. Refer to General Portal Setup.
- Your instance of Autotask must be connected to KaseyaOne. Refer to Linking modules to KaseyaOne.
- You must have one or several additional Kaseya or Datto modules (products) and have them connected to KaseyaOne. Refer to Adding a module launcher link.
If you meet the conditions listed in the prerequisites, you need to do the following to get started:
- Enable Integrated Customer Billing by module. The first step in the process is to select which Kaseya modules are part of your Integrated Customer Billing. For more information on how to enable them, refer to Enabling integrated customer billing by module.
- Map Autotask companies to their equivalents in other modules. The name of your customer organizations may differ a bit from one module to the next. To make sure that every customer receives the correct bill, you need to map the Autotask company who will receive the invoice to the correct organizations in all other modules. Once you have enabled some or all of your Kaseya modules for billing, you will need to map the organization names in the Kaseya modules to companies in Autotask. In order for the organization names in the Kaseya modules to be available for mapping, you will need to wait for the first daily sync after you have enabled the module for billing to be completed. Refer to Mapping companies to module organizations and Mapping module organizations on the Company page.
- Map KaseyaOne module billing types to Autotask services in a recurring service contract. When the Kaseya modules are enabled for Integrated Customer Billing and the organization names in those modules are mapped to Autotask companies, you are now ready to set up and map the services in the appropriate recurring services contracts. Refer to Service Mapping.